Last Updated: August 10, 2022
Your privacy is critically important to us. At Cari’s Financial Organizing (referred to as CFO), we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- Your information is stored securely and can only be accessed by Cari and fully background checked employees who have agreed to our confidentiality policy.
As a member of the National Association of Professional Organizers and the American Association of Daily Money Managers, our company adheres strictly to both the NAPO and the AADMM Codes of Ethics:
These Codes are each a set of principles to provide guidelines in our professional conduct with our clients, colleagues, and community.
- We will keep confidential all client information, both business and personal, including that which may be revealed by other organizers.
- We will use proprietary client information only with the client’s permission.
- We will keep client information confidential and not use it to benefit myself or my firm, or reveal this information to others.
- We will not bring discredit to the organizing profession.
- DMMs shall protect the client’s right to privacy and confidentiality in accordance with the laws of the state where the services are performed.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so — for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us directly. Here are some examples:
- Basic account information: We ask for basic information from you to work together. This information is kept completely private and not shared with anyone.
- Communications with us: You may also provide us with information when you reach out through this website. Your name and email will never be shared with any other parties. It is only for our use in responding to your communication.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also may collect some information automatically:
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
We do not share your information without your permission. We will not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
Occasionally we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide personal information to the appropriate governmental authorities. In such cases, we will disclose this information only upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
Subsidiaries and independent contractors: We may disclose information about you to our subsidiaries and independent contractors who need the information to help us provide our Services or process the information on our behalf. This includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like QuickBooks or another bookkeeping software). We will only share this information with your consent.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when it’s no longer needed for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we’re not legally required to keep it.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the information that you provide: If you decide to use our services, you can choose what information you provide to us.
- Set your browser to reject cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using any websites.
If you are located in certain parts of the world, including California and countries that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), you may have certain rights regarding your personal information, like the right to request access to or deletion of your data.
Since we don’t collect any data on you, unless you provide it to us yourself, we will never use or share your data.
How to Reach Us